Hey guys I have a bobcat 7753 skid steer and when I bought it the spring the previous owner so the hourmeter was working fine. After getting at home I took the cab door off for The summer and while using it I noticed that the hourmeter was not working. Once I saw that meter was not working I took a test light and check to see if I had power at meter and I did. Thinking it was about meter I went ahead and ordered a new one. Once installed, I tested the new hour meter and this one didn't work either. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try next?
the hr meter grounds through the hyd charge pressure sender. typically the problem is in the wiring harness. the "quick and dirty" fix is to ground the meter to the gauge wiring in the dash. :drinkup
We hooked up the direct ground to the cab of the skid steer and the hour meter is running even when the machine is off. Any advice on why this is happening?
sounds like it's running unswitched power to the 12v+, find a switched power wire and connect that to the meter. switched power should be orange or orange/white wire(s)