Any one could explain what detail in different 777D AGC and FKR series?
Caterpillar built the 777D in the US under the 3PR and AGC prefixes starting from 1996 when it replaced the 777C model. Production lasted for 10 years up to 2006 when it was replaced by the 777F model. From 2006-2016 Cat continued production of 777D in India for sale to non-regulated markets (as regards emissions). These machines were built under the FKR prefix. Other than developmental improvements during the production run I doubt if there are too many major differences between an AGC and an FKR machine (other than age and maybe hours worked) but I might be wrong. An early-model AGC truck could potentially have been built as long ago as 1996. An FKR truck can only be as old as 2006. I do know that the 2GR-prefix 3508B engine used in the AGC truck reached the end of its production run and was replaced by a similar 3508B engine using S/N prefix C8T. The C8T enginre was fitted in some of th elast AGC-prefix trucks to be built and it continued to be used for FKR truck production. The C8T engine probably had the later design of one-piece piston right from the start.
Total production numbers of the three models are approximately the following:- 3PR-prefix 1100, AGC-prefix 2500, FKR-prefix 2500.
Nige, thank you for the explanations, the thing making confuse all about the TC outlet pressure and TM pump minimum/ max pressure ( FKR: 360/465 PSI, AGC:390/465 PSI) are set different. If the systems are similar than why CAT makes in different spec?
No idea. The thing is that errors in technical documents happen from time to time. Based on the fact that the 465psi figure is the same for both AGC & 3PR then either the 360 could be a printing error (should be 390) or the 390 could be a printing error (should be 360) if you see what I mean.
I just checked and the torque converter Part Number is the same for both AGC & FKR - 151-2709. That being the case I strongly suspect a misprint in one or other of the service manuals.
Mate, just found in some articles from SIS the operation says same pressure. but from specification list mention the different number. Maybe missprint there.