Ok guys in desperate need of some help. :Banghead Ran a big stick through the undercarriage. Spliced all the wires back together. Now the machine won't idle up, the relays don't even click when you try to idle it up. The red led light on the engine controller is blinking a code. Blink, pause. Four blinks, pause. Five blinks, then it starts all over. Any suggestions before i pay for a 400$ service call??
Fuses?
I wish....
But yeah it did blow the controller fuses...and toasted the 10 ohm resistor in the pump controller. Replaced the pump controller with a new one. Still have the problem:beatsme. Guess it fried the engine controller too. ointhead
Dealership coming Monday to diagnose.
It would be a good idea to have them bring an engine controller out with them so they don't have to make two trips.
Have a look here: http://www.mediafire.com/view/mrld44b9pdq25g6/EX300-2_Technical_Manual.pdf This is for a Hitachi EX300-2 but I believe that aside from the engine it is the same machine, or at least very similar. I also have an electrical troubleshooting guide I will put on there and share the link to shortly... Hope that helps! Here's the troubleshooting guide I just uploaded. Hope it helps! http://www.mediafire.com/view/bv8dd8xuoxgc7p4/TTLA0530_dash_2_electrical_repair.pdf
This is exactly the info I need. Thanks man. Now to figure out why the led on my new pump controller does not light up....(all fuses are good)
Problem almost sorted out. Can anyone please tell me what the flashing led code #26 and #29 mean??
If this works there should be a PDF file below with all the trouble codes for a -2 Hitachi which should be the same for the E series JD machines... Someone please correct me if I'm wrong... In case it doesn't work, 26 means "Disconnected DP sensor and/or harness" and 29 means "Short Circuit of A sensor and/or harness". Hope this helps!
I just replaced the DP sensor because it was shorted. After I installed it all the hydraulics are super slow. Thank you spitzair. Any ideas??
There's always a chance that there's a problem with the wiring harness itself. I'll have a quick look in the manual if there's a troubleshooting procedure you can do and I'll put it on here if I find something... Give me a few minutes...
The dealership came out and put the harness back together and checked continuity. Two new controllers later ec and pvc. And the DP sensor. It is still inoperable. It revs up like it should, seems to have power, no black smoke. But If you try to use any function for longer than about five seconds it idles itself back down to low idle even if your trying to lift the boom or move the stick. And like I said, everything is super slow.
Ok, found this, it's called "Test 2" and tests your 5 Volt sensor harness, which your DP is part of. Alternately, I've put the entire manual up on Mediafire, the link to it is http://www.mediafire.com/view/pielv9d9cw49k92/EX200-2_Technical_Manual.pdf . It has a gigantic troubleshooting flow chart that gives all sorts of symptoms in section 7, the one for everything being slow is on page 382 of the PDF file or manual page T07-04-26. If you can't download the manual let me know and I'll try to put the relevant pages up here for you, but it will have to be tomorrow... Hope this helps...
That almost sounds to me like the PVC isn't getting a signal to stroke up the pumps, especially now that you say it idles itself back down after 5 seconds. There will be 2 blocks with pilot lines going in and out behind your cab, and these blocks will have some pressure switches/sensors on them. These tell the PVC controller to stroke up the pumps and the auto-idle not to kick in. I'm wondering if the same stick that caused you grief with the other wires did some damage there and nobody saw it?
This thing is a nightmare. I have conflicting diagrams on which way to hook up the the high speed solinoids. One way the machine has power but is slow and won't rev up. The other way it stalls out when trying to use the boom. But it revs up properly. The DP sensor is new but it's throwing a code saying it's not conected. And a code for the a sensor saying its shorted when it's not............thanks for all your help spitzair. But I'm still stumped. I just remembered something pretty important. When I installed the new pump controller I didn't know the DP sensor was shorted. It took me a good week to figure out it was shorted. So every time I turned the key on was I frying my new pump controller????
I'd still lean towards your wiring harness having issues. I doubt you fried your controller because if you did, it would just load the pumps up and stall your engine every time you try to move a control. One thing I learned the hard way is to not put a bigger fuse than 1 amp in the PVC spot. They are harder to find but any bigger fuse will cause you to blow the computer! Lots of people will have the 1 amp fuse pop over and over again, then thinking they'll solve the issue, they'll install a 3 or bigger amp fuse and now the next weak link is the 10 ohm resistor in the PVC and once it lets it's smoke out you're off to the PVC hospital... I have attached a file that shows what the resistances across all the pins on your sensors should be, that will narrow it down to what the problem is. On my EX200-2 I thought I had all the wiring fixed only to have it not work after I installed a new PVC and spending weeks fixing wiring problems. I finally broke down and bought a new harness, which I should have done right from the start. As soon as I went to test it with the new harness it worked perfectly and has ever since! Sometimes with these older wires, there's a break somewhere under the insulation where you can't see it and you'll never find it, and the fact that your PVC says the DP sensor isn't connected leads me to believe that there is a broken wire somewhere. And of course the A sensor being shorted could mean that there's a short in the wiring anywhere between the computer and the A sensor too... When you hook the solenoids on the pumps up backwards the machine will load up and stall because what the PVC is doing is telling the destroke solenoid to actuate, but since it's now hooked to the upstroke solenoid the pump strokes up. The A sensor sees this and tells the PVC, the PVC thinks it needs to destroke more and sends more signal to what it thinks is the destroke solenoid which is actually the upstroke solenoid stroking the pumps up more... Hang in there, we'll get this thing working yet!
could you give me a call tomorrow? 434-664-5544
Hey I need some help in the area my ex200-2 throttle system is mess up sometimes when I increase the speed modes I, L, E and P it just slip back to idle mode and it wouldn't be able to increase again. I have to shut of and restart the machine so I can change the speed. Both ec sensor and motor are new what could be causing this.
Thanks alot for that link to Hitachi Ex2,3,3C. Maybe I can be of help to you one day also. Simon (West Kelowna)