Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

793D Dump Box Ensemble

ProTurbo ยท 2011-02-21 10:16

Can anyone help me find out how many man hours in takes to ensemble a dump box for a 793D Cat Offroad Truck. Thank you ProTurbo

Replies9
  1. #1Per Eriksson2011-02-21 16:17

    Do you have the assembly guide for the box at hand? It depends on how many welders you can have at the job and what facilites you have like forklifts, overhead cranes and such.

  2. #2ProTurbo2011-02-22 09:49

    No we don't have the assembly guide. We are bidding on 15 793D Dump Box and wanted to know How many man and man hours it will take to assemble one box. We have the man power, the cranes and the welding machines.... Do you have any information or know where I can get this information? Thank you for your reply much much appreciated. Pro PS: even if you can give me a ball park, that would be great...

  3. #3dsichewski2011-02-22 12:45

    wow thats a big order....work at a gravel pit or quarry?

  4. #4Per Eriksson2011-02-22 16:01

    You could try giving these guys a call, they are doing the welding and assembly on the boxes for the trucks to the Aitik mine in Sweden now, recently they did a 795F Ac box. http://www.jucab.com/site/cntct.php?la=1&me=7&um=0

  5. #5dsichewski2011-02-22 16:38

    you could also try toromont cat timmins branch as they have dealt with cat 785's and you could also try finning out west up in the fort mcmurray area as they deal with 793's and 797's in the oildsands at syncrude, suncor, cnrl etc...

  6. #6ProTurbo2011-02-23 09:30

    Thank you....

  7. #7ProTurbo2011-02-23 09:40

    I'm right now in Fort McMurray operating 793D Truck working for K2 Kearl Lake Project north of Fort McMurray.. Will try to see if I can arrange a meetin at Finnings...THX

  8. #8dsichewski2011-02-23 10:34

    Oh wow that is a sweet! I thought you would be in ontario since thats where is said you were located on the side. I had a big dream (still do) of going out that way to run equipment but have kinda got stuff lined up here for now. Maybe in the distant future I'll make it out there. Taken from the finning website... Fort Mcmurray branch 118 MacDonald Cresent Fort McMurray, AB T9H 4B2 Main: (780) 743-2218 Fax: (780) 791-0584

  9. #9ProTurbo2011-02-23 16:06

    I'm from Ontario, working 20 days in 10 out....Camp job Lots of work out here..... Thx again for the information. Pro