Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

8.25-15 Dayton style to?

indirocz28 · 2022-11-14 10:34

Good morning, I recently purchased an old 1972 low boy equipment trailer to haul my dozer on. It has 3 spoke Dayton style wheels, and the old 8.25x15 bias ply tube tires. I’m trying to find some updated information and links to help me go to either a 10 lug conversion and modern hub pilot wheels with radial tires, or possibly a 17.5 Dayton and radial tires. All knowledge and help is appreciated!

Replies2
  1. #1fast_st2022-11-14 11:31

    What's wrong with the dayton style wheels besides they require some skills. I picked up a fresh set, six months old for $50 including wheels. It was some one off bridge move that used 100 of the 15 inch dayton style wheels on little short 3 foot long axles.

  2. #2indirocz282022-11-14 11:43

    Just not my favorite to deal with. I will probably end up keeping them, but could plan to go to a radial tire and 17.5in wheel possibly.