Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

8.25- 20 tires

Old Doug ยท 2023-05-04 08:01

I need a new pair of steer tires for my 1963 f600. They are getting hard to find and i think pricey . They are $600.00 a pair. I have anther f600 with new tires i was going to use for off road deal i may pull its front tires and junk it. The future dosent look good for my old Ford. I think you can get rims to run 22.5s but you could get close to $2000.00 in wheels and tires . I have got alot of good out of the ford but i am realy thinking about a dump trailer.

Replies7
  1. #1JaredV2023-05-04 12:43

    I got lucky with a late 50s vintage IH parts truck that came with good 5 lug 22.5 wheels. The centers are riveted in so they're however old that is. I had them painted and I'm using them on my little dump truck. I scored a set of new 9r22.5 drive tires the tire shop had sitting around taking up space and gave me a good deal on and got a set of six older steer tires off craigslist. If you look long enough, tubeless wheels are out there. But who knows how long that will take is the problem!

  2. #2cfherrman2023-05-04 13:19

    Buy a busted truck and take the rims and tires

  3. #3terex herder2023-05-05 08:26

    $600/pair? That doesn't sound expensive in today's overpriced world.

  4. #4Old Doug2023-05-05 09:01

    Finding a truck that uses tires like this that are in good shape is almost imposable . I was finding them 10 years ago. It probably isnt that bad. I stopped by the tire place yesterday to order 2 but they were very busy i may stop today.

  5. #5_Weldman_2023-05-05 09:04

    Too bad you aren't closer, I would give you all the ones I got here, 2 steers not so great and 4 drives with a spare on rims. The rears are very nice too. Unless you think it's worth the trip I can take a picture of them all.

  6. #6Old Doug2023-05-05 09:07

    I may look for some rims i like my truck but i dont know how much more i will be using it so i dont want to spend a lot . Then i would need a short could be hard to find used tire for the new rims.

  7. #7Old Doug2023-05-05 09:09

    Thanks but to far away. I was finding them at the scrap yard they had a pile of axles they needed to cut up and were glade to get rid of the tires.