Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

8.25 x 15 trailer wheel needed Demountable rim, 6515LWDE

crbearden ยท 2017-02-11 01:12

In need of 1 or more 6.5 x 15 Dayton Wheels. Technical description is 15 x 6.5 Tube type demountable rim. I don't have a spare for my trailer and I have one wheel that it really bent up at the rim edge. The rim should have a 6515LWDE or LWD number on it. It is the type with the Lock Ring. I am in Oklahoma, so if it was closer to save shipping or i could pick it up that would be great.. Cecil Bearden 405-641-8547

Replies4
  1. #1Junkyard2017-02-11 09:50

    Are you looking for the two piece widow maker style? They are just about impossible to find. One option is to buy a tubeless rim and throw a 17.5 on it. They don't match up perfect but it would get you out of a jam. I haven't priced the 17.5 Dayton wheels in several years but I don't recall them being terrible. Used 17.5 tires generally aren't tough to find if you decide to go that route. I know several companies that swap tires based on dates and I end up with nice tires for spares or whatever. Junkyard

  2. #2crbearden2017-02-11 12:37

    Looking for the 3 piece with the locking ring. There was one made that was only 2 pieces, but in over 50 years of experience I have only mounted 2 of those 2 peice rims and had no problems at that time....

  3. #3Junkyard2017-02-11 12:53

    I meant any multi-piece, the old split rims are tough to find as they don't make them anymore. There are places that may have the NOS but they'd be tough to scrounge up. I have a few larger ones laying around. I haven't seen any 15's in a long time as they're one of the most common and least expensive to upgrade to 17.5 tubeless. We did about 50 of them years ago when I worked at a crane company. There were a lot of oilfield lowboys around here back in the day that had 10.00x15's so with a little luck maybe you'll stumble into some. I don't know if Hodges is OKC has any old stuff around anymore. Maybe a small indepent oil field guy has some laying in boneyard?

  4. #4crbearden2017-02-11 12:57

    I have heard the stories of the old split rims, and I have mounted more of them than I can count.... I was taught by my Dad how to mount them and air them up and st and out of the way of flying parts. I am near OKC so I will check. this trailer is an old oil patch semi trailer that was made into a pintle by Hamm & Phillips.