Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

8 weeks to Conexpo

UrParts ยท 2014-01-03 05:34

Just over 8 weeks till Conexpo. This will be my first time going and I am really looking froward to both the show and Vegas itself. Was in Vegas once before 8 years ago and loved it. Just wondering are many from the forum planing to go? Are there any planned events around it for members or would there be any interest in organising one? We could pick a pub and pick a night. We did this at Bauma last year and a few of us meet up and and had a few pints one night.

Replies17
  1. #1grandpa2014-01-03 06:38

    Gonna be my first time too....... I heard through the grapevine, CM1995 was buying drinks It would be fun to meet up with some of you fellas.

  2. #2ValleyFirewood2014-01-03 07:11

    Never heard of it, should I?

  3. #3CM19952014-01-03 07:36

    The cold has been affecting your hearing Grandpa, who told you that Willie? ..:cool2 I started a thread a little while back - The wife and I will be there.

  4. #4alco2014-01-03 14:33

    It'll be my second time. The wife's not coming till the end of the show.........presumably to bail me out.

  5. #5mitch5042014-01-03 22:35

    That's his way of saying he can't buy the drinks.

  6. #6wnydirtguy2014-01-04 07:52

    I tried to talk the boss into sending me for research. He is not buying it.

  7. #7grandpa2014-01-04 08:14

    Maybe it WAS willie or maybe I was just thinking as a MOD you'd have some kind of hospitality room set up???? Maybe a willie's dime. :beerchug

  8. #8Oxbow2014-01-04 11:35

    Hospitality room? At the MGM? Thanks CM and Willie, can't wait!

  9. #9CM19952014-01-04 11:50

    If by hospitality room you mean gathering in the penny slots, put $5 in the machine and pretend we are playing to get free drinks - then yes we will have a hospitality room set up.:tong I am in Vegas now for the championship game, I'll scope out the machines with the most flashing lights in order to keep Gramps occupied.:bouncegri:

  10. #10Jasexc2014-02-07 19:31

    Im going to go this year for my first time both to vegas and conn expo, anything i need to know about? Also im sure i could stay for the whole time and be like a kid in a candy store but im going by myself and on a budget so would 2 full days at the show be enough to see most of it? Thanks

  11. #11Desertwheeler2014-02-08 03:51

    Hoping to go, been 10+ years since I last went and can't wait to go again.

  12. #12qball2014-02-08 19:00

    Two days in Vegas is perfect!

  13. #13KSSS2014-02-08 22:54

    I have not missed a Conexpo since it started. I will be there for a week this time. Not overly excited about so much time there, three days in Vegas is plenty. I will be assisting Wacker Neuson with their skid steer introduction. So if your in the area of the WN SSL/CTL display, look me up (Kaiser on the name plate). Buy me a beer, and I will give you the dollar tour of the machine (of course you will get the tour without the beer, you just wont get to do wheelies in the demo area).

  14. #14KSSS2014-02-08 23:01

    It will be tight but you can do it. Wear comfortable shoes. Vegas in my view gets expensive. They provide shuttles from the hotels to ConExpo, that is helpful. Hopefully you already have reservations. Hard to believe but Vegas fills up during this show. Room prices are unbelievably high during this time. Its a great time and if your in the industry, its worth going.

  15. #15alco2014-02-09 16:46

    I do believe I will do just that!

  16. #16blitz1382014-02-09 20:08

    Conexpo + spring break = pretty full Vegas

  17. #17CM19952014-02-09 20:46

    You haven't met my wife.:cool2