Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

80,000 lbs Zero tail swing excavator

AECCorp. ยท 2016-04-03 12:40

Hello, I am in the market for a large zero tail swing excavator. I know The Volvo 305 and the Komatsu PC308 are both tier 3 while the Cat 335 is tier 4 final. Does anyone have experience with any of these 3 machines? I currently have 4 PC228's and I need a large zero swing for a large job in the street. Thanks guys.

Replies5
  1. #1CM19952016-04-03 12:57

    Welcome to the Forums AECCorp!:drinkup I don't have any experience with a zero swing of that size but I do have 321DLCR, personally I wouldn't own another conventional machine so I too am interested in feedback from members who've used larger ones.

  2. #2RBMcCloskey2016-04-03 13:09

    look at the Caterpillar 328, size of the old 235 and twice as fast, using half the fuel.

  3. #3heymccall2016-04-06 19:34

    Have 2 328DLCR machines, and a 336E. 336E runs circles around my 330C machine, but so do the 328's. 336E took injectors at 3k hours (has 5k hrs now), and an electric fuel pump, for the emissions module. That's it. Both 328D took fan clutches (one under service letter). One has 6k hrs, the other 3k hrs. For sewer installation in the Appalachians, the 336 is overkill. The 328's are operator favorites.

  4. #4qball2016-04-06 22:03

    I have run many hoes, and I will say the 328 is my favorite for speed, power and balance.

  5. #5rpacbigpipe2016-04-20 18:39

    If you have 4 228s you won't be happy with any of the above we tried a 305 Volvo and the 328 cat no comparison to the komatsu for precision and speed. Unfortunately they stopped making the 308 but I heard that komatsu has some brand new machines in Japan that they are allowing to be ahipped to the us