Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

8042 skytrak tilt port relief

greerco ยท 2023-03-02 20:32

Hi, pardon me if I'm wrong. , or this doesn't make sense. I have a 8042 skytrak. On the attachment tilt spool there is a adjustment screw on both sides of the spool . Are these the attachment tilt port relief valves? I cannot find in the manual how to adjust these 2 settings. The valve is very rusty, I cannot get any numbers off it to look up info. Anyone here have a idea how to set them? The rear compensation cylinder rods got bent ( the two at the back of the boom) I put a gauge at the inlet of one of the cylinders and there was over 5k of pressure while doing a few functions with the tilt or boom. So I backed off the two adjustment screws on the tilt spool, so now there's about 2500 psi.... I don't want the new rods to get bent .. Anyone know how to set those adjustments? I think my issue might be those. My apologies if my description is poor. Thankyou for your help

Replies0

No replies yet.