I've been searching for the right service manuals for the 815B we purchased. What I see on Ebay is that there are volumes 1 and 2 for the machine. Can anyone tell me which is the one we should have on the shelf at the shop? The serial number on our machine is 17Z01344. Here is the set that I have been looking at: OEM Factory Caterpillar CAT 814B 815B 816B Compactor 2 Volume Service Manual Set | eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/353304362170?hash=item524294bcba:g:NjsAAOSwc-dfyUPp
Is this a trick question? Bob
You'll need both. There must have been too many documents to fit in one binder so they were split into two. It happens. That eBay one has an O&M Manual in it as well which is a $50 bonus for you. FYI A new paper manual today is $1600.
Bob, Not at all. I was seeing some single manuals with no volume marks and then these that are pairs. Just looking to get the correct stuff for our mech. so he has it available
I did buy one, but I clearly should have checked back in with the group here. Below is what I ordered. It does seem to have the bulk of the info I think we would need. I dont think I can return but the 2 volume set is still available.
Glad that we bought the service manual. We had the rear drive shaft fail last week and it slapped the trans housing so hard it broke it. Good times all around....