Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

826 compactor help

BIS ยท 2016-07-04 14:48

Already guys I need some help on a machine we just took in its a little out of the normal and I'm sure if we just start pulling stuff off we would eventually get it but I'm looking for the easiest way to pull the transmission. It's an 826H compactor Sn: CAT0826H0AWE00346. Any insight would be appreciated.

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2016-07-04 14:54

    The usual way is to remove the cab, then remove all the driveshafts, and the transmission comes out of the top of the rear chassis via the hole directly beneath where the cab fits.

  2. #2BIS2016-07-04 15:36

    That's what we kind of figured kind of looked like a pain in the ass but seems to be the most logical deal

  3. #3Nige2016-07-04 15:38

    It isn't simple, you're quite right. You need to be 100% sure that it needs pulling before doing all that work.

  4. #4BIS2016-07-04 15:49

    Oh yeah transmission filter littered with brass and chunks of metal