Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

826h compactor

Plummer194 · 2024-07-12 20:46

Looking for some help on the blower motor circuit on a 826h. I have no power to the blower motor plug at the motor I do have ground. But I can also apply 24v to the motor itself and it will not turn. I have power on the white wires on the blower selector switch. What am I missing I’ve been looking at this diagram for hours.

Replies11
  1. #1Cliffy2024-07-13 07:02

    Blower motor buggered?

  2. #2Plummer1942024-07-13 07:18

    I would say where I applied 24v with my power probe to the motor and it would not run. But I’m stumped to why I also had no power on pin 1 of the plug with the motor disconnected. Just no sure if I’m missing something. I do have a motor on the way as I know it’s no good.

  3. #3Nige2024-07-13 07:19

    So you have power coming in to the Blower Speed Selector Switch. It comes from the A/C selector switch on wire # 567-WH and is a keyed supply input to that switch from 124-GN. Try moving the blower speed switch to various positions and check for voltage on 515-GY, 516-GN, or 517-BU at the switch. If you have no power on any of them I would suggest the switch is not working. The Part Number is right there next to it - 219-9523. I would also suggest that you check continuity with a test light on the three wires mentioned above. One goes to the blower motor, the other two go to the resistor that should be right next to it.

  4. #4Plummer1942024-07-13 07:35

    Thanks nige I will check continuity when I get back to the machine Monday.

  5. #5Nige2024-07-13 09:34

    Have you figured out how the AC selector and blower speed switches work yet.? I must admit I had to think a bit until it became clear.

  6. #6Plummer1942024-07-13 10:06

    I think so. I now understand the power goes to the blower speed switch from the ac selector switch which I have on 567 on pin 2 and 5. I’m thinking 515 is high speed where it splices at the hvac assembly one to motor direct and one to resistor then 516 and 517 would be low and med speed. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

  7. #7Nige2024-07-13 11:09

    That's the way I understand it. Digressing a bit. I notice the schematic you uploaded is for 826H machines of AWF-prefix from S/N 500-Up. Does the machine you're working on fall into that range.? I'm not saying the wiring would be any different outside the quoted range but in my experience it always pays to be working with the appropriate schematic.

  8. #8Plummer1942024-07-13 11:29

    Yes it is the correct schematic. I will let you know how I make out with it thanks again

  9. #9Plummer1942024-07-17 20:51

    Well I recieved my blower motor yesterday. I checked continuity before I tore it apart even know I knew the motor was bad all check out good. Replaced the motor all works good now. I still have not figured out why I could not get power on the blower motor plug. Maybe I wasn’t deep enough in the 2 pin deutsch connector. Thanks again for helping me with the schematic Nige!!

  10. #10Nige2024-07-18 09:55

    Good to know it is fixed but it's one of those things that bugs you afterwards asking yourself why an electrical system didn't work like you thought it should.

  11. #11Plummer1942024-07-18 17:31

    Very true Nige.