Recently purchased a 1984 (S1700 Series) S1754 Dump Truck - Problem I am having is the Hazard/Flasher fuses blow due to a grounding issue. 1) At the fuse side to relay my meter indicated a ground. - I identified in my drawing that I have (may be from a different year) fuse to flasher is wire #60A (ONLY). 2) Removed the flasher relay and checked fuse connection again. - Checked with a meter again at the Flasher RELAY terminals and it showed grounded on one side - while the other side of the flasher relay was good. . 3) Removed the junction block cleaned connections from old crud build up over the years. 4) Pulled back of the fuse block and where the fuse to relay is terminated it showed wire #60A (which is correct to my drawing) howver, there was another wire attached #64 that is not identified in my wiring diagram. - Thought about cutting #64 wire because it was not in the manual yet looked factory .. However before I cut #64 wire I hope someone could tell me what wire #64 is to or for.. Anyone have a better manual on a 1984 IH 1754 on the Hazard/Flasher drawing?
No replies yet.