Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

840P Superpac

Dave E ยท 2022-07-05 21:04

I have a click sound when I go to start the engine. I thought it was the battery so I changed it. Still clicks. Should I remove the starter? Is the starter not engaging?

Replies6
  1. #1BigWrench552022-07-05 21:11

    Check your ground at the frame. Make sure that it is clear of corrosion and tight. This sounds like a bad connection. If you have a ammeter Check to see what kind of amp draw you get when trying to start the engine. High amp draw can mean a bad connection or a bad component.

  2. #2Dave E2022-07-05 21:13

    I will check tomorrow. Thanks

  3. #3Dave E2022-07-12 06:50

    Checked the connection it seems good. I tried putting jumper on other side of starter for direct connection and nothing.

  4. #4Superpac2024-03-21 13:32

    Call me 519-504-5322. I can help you

  5. #5henry.452024-04-08 08:45

    It sounds like a starter issue. Removing the starter may help diagnosis. Check for power and ground connections before removing it. Yes, the starter might not be engaging correctly.

  6. #6Welder Dave2024-05-24 00:39

    Guessing he probably got it figured 2 years ago.