Hey guys I have a 843 bobcat not sure the year but it has foot pedals and joysticks. Basic machine. My problem is that the bucket rail will go up and I can tilt the bucket down but cannot get the rail to go down or the bucket to go back to level while it's running. If I turn the machine off and press the pedal It will go down and I can level the bucket once it's on the ground. Any advice to what's wrong?
Welcome to HEF BCbradley ! Auxiliary Hydraulic lever stuck in the "on" position?
Is that lever attached to the foot pedals or on its own lever?
It should be the right steering lever. Pushing the steering lever to the right (towards the wheels) engages the auxiliaries. It is detented. Sometimes when climbing out of the machine it can get bumped into the on position. Try pulling the lever towards the center of the machine to see if it comes out of the detent.
Oh ya I've tried that before. It doesn't seem to fix the problem. Any other things you can think of? Hope it's not in the pumps
Can you feel the lever going in and out of the AUX position? if so does it affect/change the other hydraulics at all? because these symptoms you describe sound like the AUX valve is on... or stuck somehow. One other thing.... did this problem just start? or have other strange things been going on too?
I was moving snow In my yard wasnt to cold. I got out let my girlfriend in she wanted to learn and then boom it all a sudden the problem I mentioned started. I've replaced hydraulic filter cracked lines. I'm pretty mechanically inclined but to honest I know nothing about hydraulics
So you were right ronsii aux valve was stuck... took the link off that valve gave it a few love taps and the piston went in a bit and popped right out!! Thank you so much for the advice. So why do you think it got stuck in the first place?
Blame the girlfriend.
X2^. Your girlfriend owes you BIGTIME!
Oh shes long gone and forgotten.... but now the bobcat lives again