Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

850j deere

steve waldner · 2020-09-29 18:25

Got me a used 2008 850JWlt with 7200 hrs . Took to shop right away and did pins , cause no zero took grease , decided to do tracks . And cleaned cab and new joystick skins , got a great deal . Sold old 850blt

Replies18
  1. #1steve waldner2020-09-29 18:26
  2. #2steve waldner2020-09-29 18:27
  3. #3steve waldner2020-09-29 18:30
  4. #4steve waldner2020-09-29 18:31
  5. #5steve waldner2020-09-29 18:33

    Did partial sanding and paint , even has Topcon 2d , and it works .

  6. #6JL Sargent2020-10-02 04:30

    All I can say is YOU DA MAN! Nice work.

  7. #7steve waldner2020-10-03 14:14

    Thank you

  8. #8steve waldner2020-10-06 18:28
  9. #9steve waldner2020-10-06 18:30

    Gotta torch the bushings off the blade , make new ones and all that , than I will paint it to. This is a nice machine , wow , never ran one before . I am impressed .

  10. #10southernman132020-10-06 18:32

    Yes he is! Very nice machine, work and facility. I’m jealous as .... lol!

  11. #11steve waldner2020-10-06 18:32

    The top con valve was stuck , took it apart cleaned it . Works perfect . Baught the tracker jack , the control box , slope sensor . From eBay . With help from a top con friend .

  12. #12alaskaforby42020-10-12 00:03

    That shop is just amazing!!! I love the gantry crane! Very nice setup, we just traded in our old G model for a J as well, supposed to show up Tuesday, cant wait

  13. #13steve waldner2021-04-03 20:14

    It’s a beast

  14. #14steve waldner2021-10-14 09:24

    Guys as u can see I replaced the tracks a year ago but not the rollers , after running 200hrs I see the track chain shows wear on the outside corners , shoulda replaced the rollers . I am doing it now . So any of u guys replacing tracks , also replace rollers , you will have to anyhow .

  15. #15steve waldner2021-10-14 09:26

    Made this bracket for my car jack , makes it easy to change out the rollers , did this by myself .

  16. #16steve waldner2021-10-14 09:27

    I get my parts from ,empire tractor parts . Itr brand .

  17. #17Welder Dave2021-10-14 16:33

    I like your tilting head vertical bandsaw and ironworker. They are the cat's ***! Did you sand the paint off the pads and chains before bolting them together? The wear on the rails looks excessive for 200 hours. I wonder if the rails and rollers have to be a matched set from the same manufacturer?

  18. #18steve waldner2021-10-15 21:32

    The track came assembled , my rollers were in horrible shape , totally out of shape ,round corners etc , so it shaping track chain to rollers , but not anymore , got new rollers installed , chain and rollers are both itr brand .