Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

850j return to neutral

Robert Rdz · 2026-07-23 15:50

I have an 850j that keeps telling me to return to neutral then throws the parking brake and TCU code 70.0. SN T0850JX143077 we have replaced the parking brake switch. Crazy thing it is only doing it in the afternoons. Problem started Sunday and has been doing everyday since again only in the afternoons. Any ideas where I can start troubleshooting? Thank you

Replies6
  1. #1Robert Rdz2026-07-23 15:58

    Also when the code comes out we turn it off and start it right up and the problem goes away

  2. #2mg23612026-07-24 05:42

    Yep, by that time of day I want to stop working too . That code indicates an issue with the park lock lever circuit. So I guess start there. Do you know how to access the service mode in the monitor? Press and hold the menu button for 5 seconds until the word SERVICE MODE appears. Enter diagnostics/live values/switch status. Look for Park Lock Lever. When the issue is occurring, look at the status. You can enter that and leave it up while running to monitor.

  3. #3Robert Rdz2026-07-24 09:19

    We found some wires going to the joystick that were chewed up by a rat.

  4. #4Robert Rdz2026-07-24 19:27

    Ok when we get the return to neutral and nothing else I forward depending on the rpm we have pressure of 396 to 414 psi. When we get the return to neutral and park brake and get the check service code we get 3 psi to 14 psi depending on rpm’s.

  5. #5Robert Rdz2026-07-24 19:27

    Fixing of wires did not fix the issue.

  6. #6Robert Rdz2026-07-24 19:29