Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

850k case slows

Ih_farm · 2021-01-01 15:31

My 850k series 3 slows to a crawl. I place it at 100% track speed and it starts out that way and is slowly comes to a crawl. I had a friend suggest that it’s the speed sensors but I have no idea where to look to find them. I’ve flipped the cab over and looked but it’s a new to me machine so I’m not real familiar with it. Do I need to take the plate off by the hitch to find them. Tia John P.s. this is also my first post so I hope I’m doing it correctly.

Replies2
  1. #1Welder Dave2021-01-01 23:47

    Your post is good. Serial number helps but hopefully someone with Case experience will be along shortly.

  2. #2Coy Lancaster2021-01-03 15:24

    The speed sensors are on the drive motors. You will need to remove the rear cover to gain access to them. I wouldn’t think that both speed sensors would be going bad at the same time. But hey stranger things have happened. I would check charge pump pressure first off and see if it’s staying where it should after machine warms up.