Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

8515 leeboy engine swap?

Pizzellabros ยท 2015-08-13 19:47

Hello forum. I am looking into purchasing a 2006 8515 Leeboy paver with a blown 74 horsepower Hatz motor. However, I do most of my own mechanical work and in my experience Hatz motors are pretty testy and tough to work on. I would like to replace the motor with something such as a Cummins or Cat motor. I would like to know if anyone has swapped this motor out and changed it for any other motor, if so what did they change it to? And what went into the swap such as exhaust rerouting or smaller things such as throttle linkage shortening or lengthening. If anyone has any information their knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Replies1
  1. #1mowingman2015-08-13 20:52

    How about using a Kubota diesel in that paver. My buddy used to have a Leeboy paver that had a Kubota in it. It was a sweet running engine. That paver would set unused for a couple of years, then, he would need it. With a new battery it always started right up. Jeff