Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

863 bobcat problem

dayexco ยท 2007-08-04 17:30

bought a used 863 bobcat w/deutz diesel several yrs ago, didn't get a service manual w/it....this afternoon, lost hydraulics, and is flashing code "hp 1"...any of you able to help?

Replies13
  1. #1Ross2007-08-05 17:21

    Well if its the machine iam thinking of then open the rear door and check the drive belt hasn't snapped etc. HP1 would indicate a Output faliure and indicates a pump drive loss. Worth a bash and is a 5 min job to check Ross

  2. #2dayexco2007-08-06 20:37

    you were right on the money ross, thanks!!!! $60 belt, and we're back in business.

  3. #3jamucat2010-09-22 00:33

    I broke my drive belt today on a 763 I have the cover off and have ordered the belt. I wonder how you release the tensioner when putting the new belt on. Any tips? Thanks

  4. #4andrew882010-09-22 07:26

    There is a bolt on a slider just over the tensioner pulley for the belt (9/16 socket iirc) loosen that, than use a large prybar to set the tension. There should be a little arrow behind the pulley that turns as you move the pulley. I think it should be in the 3'o'clock position.

  5. #5jamucat2010-09-22 13:47

    Thanks I have taken the tensioner off and do not find an arrow. There is a label on the inside of the back door that referances this arrow. I will see what happens when I get the belt abnd put some tension on the tensioner. Maybe it will pop out.

  6. #6frogfarmer2010-09-22 14:01

    Proper tension is very important if you have missing or broken parts I would leave the belt a little loose and try the unit. The old addage if a little is good a lot is better doesn't apply here.

  7. #7jamucat2010-09-23 23:22

    I receive the belt today (actually 3 different belts as I did not have the serial number so ordered all the belts for the 763) I have installed it a bit loose and it seems to work fine. There is no arrow on the tensioner. I will go to Sufwood supply the dealer in Vancouver to see if I can get the arrow as a part. I notice the tensioner has some slop in it, like the bearing is worn. Do these things have a way to greese them?

  8. #8frogfarmer2010-09-24 12:56

    I haven't seen a tentioner with a grease fitting but if its loose I would strongly consider repalcing it. If it causes tension to one side or the other the belt will fail prematurely. Check the belt after a few hours to verify tension and that the idler is tracking properly.

  9. #9J4casey2010-09-24 20:18

    My belt squeals when I crank my 863

  10. #10J4casey2010-09-24 20:21

    Hdy locked up on my 863. What to do?

  11. #11J4casey2010-09-24 20:23

    863 control valve replaced

  12. #12mrgreen2013-02-27 13:12

    why does my 863 bobcat over heat

  13. #13fesic2014-09-14 17:30

    I just bought a 2001 bobcat 863g with 2900 hours. Where do I find the drive belt? I tried starting it this morning and as soon as it fired up it was squealing and smoking like crazy. I shut it off right away. It smelled like I had smoked a belt but the only belt I can find is the one on the right hand side which is just the alternator belt, I think. What would have caused this and what can I do to fix it?