Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

863 ‘F Series’ BICS Solenoid

Poppop ยท 2018-02-28 11:11

Hi to all. I'm working on an 863 F Series machine (S/N 514418434) with foot controls and BICS system. The lift & tilt function has started locking out after 5 minutes of run time. The valve lock light blinks 3 times when this happens (all other lights remain as they should) indicating valve shorted to ground or loss of ground. I've traced and checked wiring & connections. I've checked for voltage to the solenoid coil (which was present prior to BICS lock out). I have two questions please; 1) What should the resistance of the solenoid coil be? I measured 3.7 ohms with one meter and 4.2 ohms with another, seems low to me. 2) When the lock occurs, the lift & tilt function seems to still try to work (minor jumps in cylinders when pedals operated) and the engine lugs (minor) like under load. Could this be the result of lockout valve failure in the control valve rather than an electrical failure? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Replies1
  1. #1crewchief8882018-03-01 18:02

    i think your ohm readings are low. if the valve stem itself was the problem, you wouldnt throw a code for an electrical problem.