I have a Bobcat 863 non Boss sn 514428790. Valve light on Bics is flashing 3 times, I have 14.5 volts to coil new coil and valve. The control valve doesn't have lock out solenoids. Aux hyd lights on panel above switch come on, I hit thumb switch doesn't seem to move fluid. Took nuts off on top of aux coils hit thumb switch seems to be magnetized. Don't have attachment on I just figured lines would load engine. Lift tilt work brake release and holds. I've poured over all posts here to get where I've got so far. Just trying to get everything working if possible. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.
Hey okie two thoughts main spool stuck or line relief is two low.
Thanks for reply. I put new seals on lift and tilt spools. (Thanks to Willie59"s write up) I know there's a aux spool is that the main spool? Should I be getting lift tilt with valve light flashing? Mine doen't have lift tilt lockout solenods, I assumed if Bics solenoid valve wasn't open I wouldn,t have lift/tilt. Just trying to wrap my head around how this works.
I now have hydraulic idiot light on. Which I assume that means low hydrauliic pressure. Have a new sensor. Any suggestions?
when was the filter last changed ? is the machine running fine ?
you shouldnt have lift/tilt if the valve light is flashing older units will sometimes light up the hyd light when the oil is cold. the idiot light is tied to both the pressure switch and filter bypass switch.
Thanks for the info Crewcchief. I'll just run it awhile and see if light go off. I put new coils on aux hydrailic solenoids I'm going to check them and aux spool to make sure it's free. Any suggestions on checking solenoids to make sure coil operates valve.
The filter was changed 6 months ago probably doesn't have 4 hours on it but I've had system opened up I'm sure it may have got a little debris in it. I'll put new one on for good measure. I'm also running aw46 I don't know if that could be to thick.
I think I have hiflow or rear aux, large control valve buried under left side lots of wiring going to it. Wonder if it might have some effect on aux hyd
the aux controller is probably on the LH side of the inner frame. when you activate the aux button 2 times, both should come on, no flashing lights. rear aux should be noticeable, i believe the rear aux couplers would be sticking out on the side frame between the loader arm and lift cyl. or they could be at the rear of the cab, between the cab and grill. with hi flow there should be an additional hyd pump hanging off the RH end of the hyd pump/hydrostat, also should be valve assembly with a solenoid, it may be on the hi flow pump, or remote mounted. bobcat had a habit of moving things around, most machines/options, plumbing and electrical were VERY serial number specific. from what i remember seeing, the hi flow outlet should be Tee'd into the aux tubeline somewhat close to the valve.
Update pulled the aux spool it wasn't stuck but did have black gunk in the ends. The big block under left side has to be some kind of control valve. it has 2 small lines that go to right rear they are capped. It also has several larger lines several solenoids maybe 3, machine also has hiflow on lift cylinders a switch on left dash with yellow light. My question is there isn't a control module for aux hyd unless it is in that cluster under left side. I just want to get the aux hyd in front to work the rst isn't overly important to me right now. Any help would be appreciated. Also today was the first time in 4 months it moved under it own power today.
Crewchief I think it only has a single hydaulic pump must just be rear aux. Is the aux control module in with the rear aux control valve block? Appreciate the info.
the rear aux control valve should be a stand alone valve, i dont think the rear aux controls are activated through the aux controller. ive only seen 1 older machine with rear aux. you may be able to find some info on bobcat.com in the online parts portal. rear aux kit is listed under accessories/option, the kit instructions may give you some idea.. personally i'd remove all the rear aux "stuff". the only thing ive ever seen (on older machines) connected to them were rear stabilizers for use with a backhoe attachment... if you are getting flash codes from the aux button lights, look in the operators manual, i believe theres a chart that will tell you what the number of flashes mean...
If I remove it the line that go to main control valve can I just cap them, that would get rid of some of the conjestion. Thanks
I does have double pump. The hiflow block on bobcat parts looks like what I have sorry learning as I go. But it does have 2 lines going to back from this block. so does Hiflow block control anything about front aux hyd except hiflow. This wasn't even a good canidate for a parts machine when I started, between this forum and service manual I've got through till now.Thanks
This appears to be what I have under left side (Hiflow)does this controler control the standard aux hyd also this is hard to get to
You could compare the part numbers between the hi flow controller and the aux controller. I don't think the hi flow has anything to do with the aux
They seem to be same part # do you have any suggestions on trouble shooting controler? If I'm getting voltage to aux solenoids controler should be working correct?
it's possible the aux stem ( valve) is stuck and not working. pull the coils and stems, ign on, but do not start, turn on aux at the dash, use RH paddle and see if the plungers are moving.
Crewshief I did check stems they were stuck pb blaster and hitting switch they broke loose. Thanks
The capped lines in back go to hydraulic stabilizers (dealer option). Have you hooked up a attachment to see if it powers it? You have worked on the control valve and changed filter (hopefully) Have you ran the hydro switch and trigger. It may be an electrical issue if you have full auxiliary power.
I just changed filter today had hydraulic line leaking so replaced 6 that looked bad leaking or not. I'm in process of rebuilding lift band tilt cylinders then I'll fill fluid and try, I have a bucket postion valve that I'll probable have to replace solenoid. I'll see what works when I fire it up maybe tomorrow or the next day.
Well have another issue rebuilding lift and tilt cylinders. Left lift cylinder the head won't unthread, don't have spanner it's already had pipe wrench on it, I've hit pipe wrench with shop hammer put 5' cheater on pipe wrench heated cylinder where threads are with hand held torch with mapp gas, got it preety warm no luck. Do I get the big torch or what? Thanks guys
Be careful using a large Pipe Wrench, you want to make sure that grab from different locations so as not to oval the pipe or ftgs. Mapp gas may not be hot enough, Oxy Acet. is better.
Thanks Pete I tried everything including heating with cutting torch, but I couldn't get nut loose, took to hyd shop they got it loose need to replace gland nut. probable $175 for nut,$40 for rebuild kit, $300 for hyd shop labor. Better than a new one. Nut won't be here till Thursday, so I'm at stand still.
Still trying to get aux hyd to work no luck. I think some of the wires are not plugged in correctly. Does anyone have a detailed wiring schematic of wiring at aux hyd controler. My coils are working, engine seems to load up a little when i hit switch on handle.
if the coils are working, and you hear the engine pull down, your aux are working. that being said, i recall you saying the aux stems were stuck, but you free'd them up with PB blaster.. they may not be fully opening, typically once the stem gets "stuck" because of contamination, they may or may not work for a short while until the same thing happens. i'm curious as to why you say the aux arent working, do you have an attachement connected to the couplers and it's not working?
I loosened quick connect to see if I had flow no fluid movement
i'd suspect the aux stems aint opening when the coils are energized. you should hear the engine lug down quite a bit at idle when the aux is deadheaded in either direction
Think I'll get 2 new stems, Thanks
Hey Chief I checked at Bobcat aux stems are $143 each. I seen somewhere where a guy took stem apart and cleaned them. Do you think this is possible or should I bite the bullet.
Depends on how many times you want to keep messing with them... My customers want it to work and not fail again. I don't like doing the same half assed repair time after time.
Crewchief I changed out aux hyd stems (bought 2 new ones) no change. I unplugged coils hit thumb switch engined seemed to load one direction. I was wondering if if you had any info on wiring diagram for aux hyd controler and hi flow I think some of the plugs are mixed up. I want to check it all before I buy controler. Thanks
my suggestion is to contact your local dealer, they might print you out a wiring schematic or the aux circuit. i dont have that info available on my home desktop.
Crewchief I have replaced stems and coils. I got a grapple hooked up it closes but won't open, Hooked coils to stems out of control valve they seem to be getting signal from thumb switch. I've had aux spool out and cleaned seems like I replaced rubber gaskets under caps. Do you have any suggestions. Sure appreciate your help.
an you hear the engine lug down when you activate the aux in both directions?
lugs down in 1 direction.
then i'd say the aux is only working in one direction.... new stems and coils....? square headlights or triangular shaped ones? by any chance does this machine have an aftermarket ign switch in it?
New stems and coils. I have put coils on stems not in control valve and turn aux on they react to thumb switch. Square headlights. I think it's a bobcat switch key has picture of bobcat. Should I pull aux spool again?
at this point i'm out of ideas.
could one of the stems not be getting it's fluid to move spool? This machine was coubbled together and was wore out when I got it.
at this point anything is possible