Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

873 Bobcat

Steelpony ยท 2015-06-03 11:03

Hi. Can anybody tell me where the tilt load lock bypass valve is located on a 873 Bobcat loader?

Replies8
  1. #1willie592015-06-03 21:13

    Welcome to HEF Steelpony. :drinkup A Bobcat really doesn't have a lift/tilt lock bypass, it has a lift/tilt lock, no practical way to bypass it. What is your machine doing (or not doing)?

  2. #2Steelpony2015-06-04 08:32

    Good Morning Wille59, and thanks for the reply. I have a shop manual and it says it does have one but it doesn't show or tell where its located. It also shows a picture of it and it has an electric solenoid on it which I suspect is the problem. The lift/tilt tries to work but will move maybe a 1/2 inch like a valve is locked and won't open.

  3. #3willie592015-06-04 20:42

    Yes, there is a solenoid valve that controls the lift/tilt lock on the main control valve. Is your 873 a C, F, or G series? Rectangle or triangle shaped headlights?

  4. #4crewchief8882015-06-06 15:57

    really need to know what series it is before we can give an intelligent answer... :drinkup

  5. #5No street2015-08-02 12:03

    Can anyone know why my Bobcat 873G WON't shut down after running for about five minuted

  6. #6crewchief8882015-08-02 14:42

    fuel shutoff solenoid could be sticking, fuel rail could be bent, inj pump sticking.... :beatsme :drinkup

  7. #7No street2015-08-02 16:04

    Thanks for the imput crewchief888 I appreciate it.....

  8. #8alias20022015-08-02 22:27

    yeah, great guidance. I like it too.