Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

873 bobcat gets hot

bobby j · 2018-07-10 09:09

After about 30 minutes my bobcat starts running hot and will shut down it restarted after about 15 minutes . What are the reasons for this. I have cleaned the filters. It has the Diesel engine. No radiator.

Replies5
  1. #1bobby j2018-07-10 10:54

    Well after further investigation I found a belt off. I assume it goes to the cooling fan. The tensioner arm won’t tighten. It kind of wobbles.do I need a new arm or something else?

  2. #2crewchief8882018-07-11 07:36

    the tensioner is spring loaded aluminum arm and plastic pulley. if it's stuck, and will not move, sometimes taking off the arm and cleaning the corrosion off the pivot bolt and pivot bore in the arm will make it "work" again. for the "trouble" of pulling it off, might as well install a new arm, pivot, spring, and pulley, along with a new belt

  3. #3Vetech632018-07-11 13:18

    Yep, that will cause a heating issue!

  4. #4bobby j2018-07-13 21:04

    Thanks for the info

  5. #5Burnin2018-07-19 02:38

    The tensioner arm is rebuildable... I was a field tech for a bobcat dealership... can't say how many I did over the years. They use a cheap plastic bushing that can be replaced as long as it's not worn through into the aluminum... if memory serves theres a grey plastic bushing and o rings that were common replacement and for the cost get a new bolt that it pivots on. With the belt installed there should be an arm that helps hold the belt in the pulley, make sure it's there and not rubbing the belt, if you put a new belt on, adjust the arm so as the belt stretches it won't start begin to rub the arm.