Hello, I'm new to the forum. I am working on a Bobcat 873 skid steer. I am trying to remove the motor and have a service manual to follow. I have gotten to the point where I have to remove the forward motor mount bolts. The left bolt will not break loose. I can only use a stuby wrench on the bottom because of its location and the nut on top is caged. Has anyone else encountered this and what did you do to remove this bolt. I can't imagine why it was designed this way. Thanks for any tips.
if you're just removing the engine for service or replacement, leave the pumps in place. if you need to pull the pumps.... sometimes it helps to remove the drive motor hoses on that side, bolts have thread locker on them from the factory. remove the left rear tire and access cover, short wrench, prybar for leverage on the wrench. i've gotten some left front mounts broken loose with an impact swivel socket. i'd like to kick that engineer right square in the balls for that idea too he's probably the same idiot that engineered the t190 motor mounts. it's only the 1st 1000 or so front motor mounts that are hard. they get a lot easier after that....
Thanks for the reply. I ended up removing the flywheel and spliting the engine at the bell housing. Removed the engine leaving pumps in like you said. Got the engine work done and before reinstalling the engine, I replaced the control arm bushings while I had all the extra room. I know all equipment has design flaws, but all they had to do is make the front mounts that would sit on studs.
some of them can be a real PITA to work on, every OEM has their "issues". bobcat is no exception :drinkup