Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

873f aux works but don’t

rmllarue91 ยท 2018-11-09 08:16

Hey hef I got another odd one. Auxillary hyd. Spool wont move when switch is operated. Both coils have ground less than 5 ohms constantly. when switch is moved left or right voltage will increase to 6.5 volts on either coil depending on direction of switch thats back probed with coil installed both coils ohmed out around 5 ohms. I did switch coils with a known good set to be sure same result. Aux. Broom in this case will function if spool is moved manually. It appears I might not be getting pilot pressure . But this is the part I'm unsure of it looks like pilot pressure comes from the drive pump charge pressure Any thoughts welcome thanks

Replies2
  1. #1crewchief8882018-11-10 16:08

    6.5 volts backprobing the coil connector? thats not enough voltage. PWM modulation should put you at around 10v BTW, you dont have an aftermarket ignition switch in this unit, do you?

  2. #2rmllarue912018-11-11 13:06

    Okay so I was just being stupid the coils we're operating. verified magnetic pull of coils. They pulls it them selfs tight against stem. but the actual ( spool ) wasn't working right they actually both stuck open and where dumping all hydraulic pressure? Which don't make sense because spool should of stayed neutral ? But anyways got one stems cleaned and swapped other and main hydraulic works and aux works. As for pwm voltage it seems like low serial number only calls for 6.5 volts at coils according to the book but this is high serial number 25xxx..... Thanks crew chief I was just surprised they used charge pressure from drive pumps as pilot pressure.