A sub for pickup trucks would get some traffic here but,,,, just got a 150 with coil fronts in a 4x4 and they are saggy, whats a good fix?
Check your centerpivots/brackets for that TTB axle first. Jack the front off the ground by the frame and see if the holes are ovaled out or the bracket is cracked. That and worn out bushings will make those axles sag and can look like the springs are compressed.
Gotcha, good tip. It's a little rusty but got good cab mounts, 4x4 in decent shape, engine runs great, 80k. Got a ZF tranny.
Can't argue with that (especially in MI)! What engine does it have? 300, 302 or 351/400? Finally put a ZF5 in my 86, made a world of difference versus the old 4spd.
It's got a 300. It hasn't had a brutal hard life. The rear spring hangers been replaced, has new shocks, a helper leaf. Needs a rear brake line and I work on it about 10 yrs ago and lower ball joints were on the way out then but it wasn't driven but a few miles. Needs a couple new front tires too. I had the p.o. put 2 on it then, should have had 2 more if I knew I would end up with it, ha. Dented up tailgate but it works. I will get a pic when it comes home. We gonna use it for utility, don't need a new one in this spot and this easy to maintain.
You used to be able to buy air bags that went inside the coils, There was a valve stem that stuck through the hole in the top of the spring mount. A lot of guys used them in winter if the had a snow plow on them. Most tire shops wouldn't stand by a front end alignment. A bit of weight in the back, and they are out. I have a 96. That was the last year for that front suspension.