I found a nice '94 case super k that's a 4x4, enclosed cab, but it's got 8800 hours. I don't know how well it's been maintained but it looks really clean. and all for the low...low price of $15500. should i run like hell the other way??? it looks so nice and new compared to others in that price range that it's tempting the hell out of me. is this a money pit just waiting for me?
Hrs are hrs and that's allot of them,i'd walk....
At least it may be the actual hours, not a roll-over or altered. Phil
Who is selling it-dealer or owner?
If the machine checks out good I'd snap it up pretty fast before someone else who knows about it and finds out if it does happen to be in great shape.... I say hours/mileage don't mean anything if the unit has been well cared for.... but you really need to be sure everything checks out and know when someone has covered up a problem... My (1988) JD310c backhoe had 8700 hours when I got it 3 years ago. I knew it needed some hydraulic line work, but the engine and major drive train was solid and ran great... I now have 9600 hours and the engine smokes normal like a great running machine should, sounds nice a quite and solid... Even my 1995 Chev S-10 pick up had 287,000 miles on it when I got it 6 years ago, I stopped using it full time when gas cost took a hike, I have 330,000 on it and the engine & trans are very strong and run like new, no oil blow-by, after 4k miles the engine don't need a drop of oil.... I understand there can be certain model vehicles out there are well known for not lasting even if they were cared for, so I guess it comes down to knowing whats what....
If it is in decent shape and you pass it up are you going to be wishing you had bought it ? I myself would not worry about the hours. There are low hour machines that have been abused along with poor maintenance and are still money pits when it comes to repairs. Like Phil said at least it is probably has the correct hours on the meter. If the hour meter was in fact rolled back to say 3800 hours you would most likely buy it as fast as you could.