Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

’89 Komatsu PC07-1 track install/adustment

carl m ยท 2022-06-29 00:42

Hiya. Rented one of these 30 years ago so I figured I knew what I was up against when I bought one a few weeks ago. Guess not. Did something stupid and the right track slipped off the idler. Got that fixed and promptly slipped the left one off the sprocket. Fixed that and then it came off the idler. I could use a doofus' instruction manual or some help from you guys. Thanks Carl

Replies4
  1. #1carl m2022-06-30 14:18

    That problem solved. Next question: Hydraulic tank gets unreasonably hot. Why? And what can I do about it?

  2. #2uffex2022-07-01 04:01

    Good day How hot is unreasonable? normally sould be around 122-150F. Kind regards Uffex

  3. #3carl m2022-07-01 13:49

    Thanks Uffex. I'll rig a thermometer. At 150 degrees I can't keep my hands wrapped around my coffee mug (candy thermometer reading) for more than a couple of seconds. The hydraulic tank isn't that bad. I've got a lot to learn, thanks for the reassurance. Carl

  4. #4uffex2022-07-01 14:27

    Good day You can buy those thermal guns for just a few dollars - point and press the trigger at any area of the machine. Might be a good solution. Kind regards Uffex