Have the planetary gears out can't get the main shaft out of the bearing group how much press do I have to give that shaft in order to get it loose from the Bearing?? looks like the seal is blown out the bottom flange collar.along with the snap Ring.
892D ? You can change the bottom oil seal # 34 , o ring # 49 and the large 8-9 inch snap ring #50 without pressing it apart. You need a press if you are changing the 2 shaft bearings or the sleeve # 32 . .https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/57949/referrer/navigation/pgId/515019 .
Hi Dave, I have an 892D LC with this leak as well. The book says you have to press the pinion out in order to change this. Is this simply because they assume you will be replacing the bearings at the same time? it is hard to tell in the book as the seal looks smaller then the pinion. I appreciate your help, thank you!
Welcome to HEF Sawman . Yes , you can unbolt the seal retainer and replace the seal without pressing it all apart. We did many units that way. It goes best if the swing motor is removed and the gear box is upside down when installing the seal and retainer. Pay attention to the seal sleeve ,it should be smooth with no deep groove worn. If the sleeve is useable ,with the swing motor ,seal / retainer and the planetary gear sets removed . Flush the bearings with diesel fuel and with the pinion gear sitting on the floor spin the lower housing and listen for any clunking / rumbling sounds. Should spin smooth and quiet. Will give a good indication of the pinion gear bearings condition. If everything pans out, will only have to replace the seal and the oring at the seal retainer.
Hi Dave, another question for you on my 892d lc. All of the sudden it has developed an issue where the main lift will sink when I pull the lever to lift it until I pass about the 1/4 pull on the lever. It does drift slightly when shutoff as well. Just wondering if I need to be leaning toward finding a valve body or maybe just cylinder packing. Thank you
I am away from my info until Tuesday am, I can have a peek then.
That’s usually an indication of a internal leak in a cylinder bypassing until enough pressure is built up to overcome the loss from a bad seal. It could also be a valve issue. I would run it a bit and see if a cylinder is getting warmer than the others.
Thank you for the insight, I know the seals are likely going as the outer seals are starting to weep as well. The other thought I have from looking at the manual is if the lift check valve is stuck slightly.
Very possible but if you have a gland leaking already, you could also be risking contamination in the coming winter. Much better to fix that now than when your hydraulic fluid looks like chocolate milk.
Hi Dave, just curious if you had a chance to take a peek at this. Thank you
I agree the lift check at Boom1 could be the issue. See location of the boom lift check in screenshot below.