I am working on a Cat 215c, 4HG 00473. I need the "pilot" for the track adjuster, 8v-9105. A few years ago, these were readily available aftermarket and OEM, now I am not finding any. I hope maybe one of y'all knows of a source, or maybe I am missing a superceded number or something. Also, do any of you know somebody who sells the weld on rims for an 8v-4734 sprocket individually? I am finding plenty but they are sold in pairs and I replaced one whole sprocket a few years ago. If I have to, I'll buy a pair and the extra one will be something for people to wonder about at my estate auction. Thanks guys.
8V-9105 is listed as a Standard Group and so would not generally be sold as an assembly under that number, certainly not by a Cat dealer Parts Dept anyway. Have you tried looking for the individual parts (13 line items) that make it up.?
Thanks Nige! I knew I was screwing up somehow. As a lame excuse, this was my first time using online SIS through Avspares.com instead of my paper books. It said "yoke as-pilot" without mentioning group and I guess I latched on to "pilot". I googled it and all I got was AVspares.com and a bunch of websites I never heard of saying, "yes, we sell those but we are out of them and don't know what the price will be when we get them." So , I called the Cat house and got somebody I didn't know who looked it up and told me they had no availability, and no price, but not that I had given him a group number. Once I saw your explanation of my (hopefully) temporary incompetence, I tried again and got the number for the pilot itself and there are plenty available from lots of reputable sources. Thanks again, Mitch
According to my investigations the 8V-4734 sprocket is an Assembly not a single part. The sprocket on its own is an 8V-4736. The replacement rim is a 3T-9153.
Well Nige, you've taught me something again. I didn't know Cat had ever offered the replacement rim, I thought that was an aftermarket only thing. Cat used to offer complete sprockets, then at a serial number break they changed over to a 2 piece sprocket where you could leave the hub installed an unbolt the rest of the sprocket for a quick easy replacement. In the '90s they stopped selling the complete sprocket, but sold a reasonably priced kit to change over to the new style. About 20 yrs ago, I went to buy one and they had discontinued the kit and you had to buy all the parts individually, for a MUCH higher price. Through all this, nobody at CAT ever mentioned a weld on rim, and they aren't in any of my old parts books, so I have always bought them aftermarket. When I googled it by the sprocket number, I found a half dozen sources for pairs of the rims. When I googled it by the rim part number you gave me, I found a bunch more sources, many individually. I really didn't want to buy 2 as this really may be the last time I work on a 215 sprocket. Is there any way you can get me a copy of Form SEHS7750? If not, I can probably get a copy from a friend at Blanchard Cat. Thanks again Nige! Mitch
Seeing as you asked nicely, why yes there is...........
Well, thanks again Nige! I should probably set that up on a macro where I can type it with just a couple of keystrokes.