Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

9010B throttle control not working, but works in backup mode

Connor K. · 2020-12-26 23:48

Okay, older machine I know.. But lets see if we can keep her digging with style. 1998 Case 9010B 9000 something hours Throttle dial is not working, code 0000 on the clock. Same story as others on previous posts.. only it seems that I am missing the linkage on the throttle motor. The throttle cable is hooked directly to the arm on the throttle motor. I will post pictures tomorrow. I wouldn’t be too bothered by this being as though the throttle still works using the backup buttons, but in backup mode the drive motors are stuck in medium speed, (three speed drive motors) and this makes me have to drag myself up steep grades with the stick, I would like to use the low speed for torque while climbing piles and such. I can use all three speeds when I turn the backup mode off, but the machine will only idle in regular mode.. I can use it this way but it is very slow. Any suggestions? It would be nice if everything worked, but has anyone rigged up a manual throttle cable to replace the electric throttle system? Or how about figuring out a way to use the three speed switch in backup mode? Ideally I would like to just fix the electric throttle, but I am not opposed to rigging this old machine. Thanks to everyone out there, I have browsed this site For a decade but this is my first post. I have a job coming up so it has pushed me this direction. And I hope this thread will help others in the future, as I have read old threads that helped me out a lot over the years.

Replies0

No replies yet.