I have a CAT 910E 1989 wheel loader for use on my acreage at my house. While plowing snow yesterday, April 19 and plowing snow!, the loader started to (the first time I noticed it), to slowly engage the transmission when changing from forward to reverse and when from reverse to forward, this was after it operated for over one or two hours pushing snow. The ground was part frozen and part thawed, with the wheels some times spud on the ice. I would stop the loader, dump the bucket of snow and have to give it fuel to move into reverse, the transmission would not engage in reverse until a few seconds past. It did not happen before and I have owned the loader for several years now, it just turned 7,000 hours on it. I do not put many hours on it, it's 2nd hand. Transmission is a power shift. Put in the barn and checked the transmission fluid level it was just above the full mark on the stick, this after 2+ hours pushing snow. The engine was ideling when I checks fluid level. Any one an idea what is wrong?
I don't know your machine but it could be the de-clutcher sticking.
I guess it's a clutch slippage problem and it will get worst on increasing transmission oil temperature that is to sayn that it will become more difficult to engage after operation for several hours. Check out the transmission clutch plates, disks and seals for wear.