Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

914 G Wont’move

JimKoch ยท 2013-11-21 20:32

I am looking for a wiring schematic or trouble shooting guide for this unit. It runs fine but wont move. If I move the gear selector forward or backward I can hear a relay click in the fuse box. The back up alarm works in reverse. the parking brake light goes off when I release the brake. I have good voltage. Please help, Jim

Replies4
  1. #1Per Eriksson2013-11-22 16:07

    You have 2 solenoids on the hydrostatic pump, forward and backward, check if these get voltage when you select a direction with the lever. Further troubleshooting depends on the results.

  2. #2Nige2013-11-22 17:50

    Per, I sent him the SysOp, T&A, & Troubleshooting for the Power Train Electronic Control system plus the electrical schematic.

  3. #3JimKoch2013-11-22 18:48

    Thanks, I will start at the pump and work backwards.

  4. #4JimKoch2013-11-24 00:11

    Nige & Per thanks for the help. I took apart the forward reverse control box and half of the double wide spring loaded contact was bent down. I restored to contact to the shape of the other ones and smeared the grease around on the contacts. Then I put it back together and tested all the contacts, reinstalled the control and was back in business.