Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

914m joystick no reverse

austin1532 · 2021-01-19 16:40

I have a 914m loader and the micro switch for forward reverse only works for forward. Finning quoted me $4100.00 to replace the joystick. I have a joystick from a 914k. Can I just put the 914k joystick on and it will work. It has buttons in different areas than the 914m joystick. The wire connections look the same though. Or is their a way I can take apart the joysticks and just exchange out the switch??

Replies2
  1. #1DB22021-01-19 16:56

    Welcome to HEF. Will be best to post both serial numbers. The Cat gurus are going to need them to be of any help.

  2. #2Nige2021-01-19 18:10

    If you don’t have the S/N of the 914K that the used control came from, is there a Part Number on it.? They are often on a plastic tag attached to the wiring harness of the control.