Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

’92 Cat 219DLC

Richardjw~ ยท 2011-12-02 09:04

What are these machines like?.....I have managed to find out they're about 22,500kgs operating weight and 140hp engine, but thats it......seeing as the 200 series dates back to the 70s and seemed to basically consist of only 4 machines why did they start dividing them up further with this and the 229 and 231.......is this one essentially a cross between a 215 & 225? This 1 is on e-bay and its close by to where I live......9.5k UKP or 15k$...is that what they make, money-wise?.....just wondered whether it was worth a punt or not http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Caterpillar-219D-LC-/300629273030?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D4607516688282950890

Replies5
  1. #1collins_br2011-12-02 11:33

    Richard I had a 219 (1989) up until about 2 years, i put about 25k hours on it. It never gave any real trouble, engine, pump, motors, turn table etc were all still fine. A good solid machine, which are still capable of doing a days work. The money dosen't sound too bad either.

  2. #2tctractors2011-12-02 13:49

    RW, its a 215 sporting the under cart from a 225, well the whole carbody as its all different to the 215 set up, the dipper arm pin size was also changed to a more robust dia, they are a big bit better on all tasks than the 215, the weak link was realy the swing circle (bolts blowing) and swing box, the swing box is bolted in with 4 bolts, if you have to remove the box you will need a big bowl of corn flakes to un-do the pigs, in general though they worked great and could realy lift a fair bit of weight. tctractors

  3. #3Richardjw~2011-12-03 00:49

    Thanks for the feed-back there Guys, will see what develops

  4. #4mitch5042011-12-03 01:55

    I'm not that familiar w/ the D models, but I have an '89 215C LC that I have run for a living for 9 yrs. As stated before, a 215 and a 219 share most parts. I have run many different newer hoes, and I would be hard pressed to find one I would take in trade for my old girl. It will do anything a newer one will do, and it has no unnecessary complications. They are very sturdy machines. Good Luck, Mitch

  5. #5Drc2011-12-03 23:34

    I had 1986 215 B LC a very fast powerfull reliable machine. It's still working for a farmer I believe.