Hi hef Im looking for some advice on a job. Customer has a 928g that stalls when loader lift or tilt functions are reliefed not steering or power train. If u Rev loader up to 1200 rpm and relief a fucton rpms will drop to 800 ish before rpms stop falling its a vain style pump. I'm going to check relief pressure and check fuel pressure and check for air in fuel. But I don't understand the 3116 fuel systems that well. Customer think it's the fuel pump / governor but I'm not sure how to test it. He's kind of a pain in the behind and I really don't know these motors very well and have kind of putting it off hoping it get worse and in a month it hasn't changed so this week I got to get into it.
very difficult to help without serial number as far as I know the 924G uses a load sensing(3PPP) system with a piston pump, but again serial number to confirm first off I would do transmission test this will give us an idea of engine condition stall test 1/bring transmission to operating temperature 2/ clear area of personnel 3/ chock wheels or place machine against immoveable object 4/foot on brake ,start machine place transmission in fourth gear (auto shift Off if fitted) 5/accelerate to full throttle and record RPM do not hold for too long otherwise transmission overheating can occur for serial number 3DZ stall speed is 2200 RPM 6/if ok then I would start checking hydraulic system Mark
Thanks for the reply mark I don't have the serial number at the moment but I will post it good idea doing a stall test I post results in few days thanks again.