`1993 544Gkk DW544GD552404 Parking brake "sticks" randomly. Operator can be traveling and parking brake will activate. The last few weeks, the operator has had to toggle the switch on and off so we replaced the switch. We have replaced parking brake switch - worked a few days Checked solenoid at hydraulic block- worked a few days Hydraulics work ok 99% of the time. Equipment also has no backup alarm. Alarm was replaced, but we've been focused on the drive ability issue for now. Operator has been saying it would crank, run and shut off. Let it rest, crank, and would run the rest of the day. I'm not an big equipment diagnostics person and I'm asking for advice. The local JD dealer isn't interested in old equipment. Thanks in advance.
hrodgmc, Have you narrowed down your parking brake problem? I have '92 648E skidder. When it gets cold the parking brake is slow to release. When it get to freezing temps it wont release at all. In the summer months it works as it should. There is a block under the cab where all this magic happens. I'm thinking maybe there is moisture in there that freezes up? If so can it be bled out. I am at loss for an answer. Have you figured anything out with your problem? Any one have any ideas, I need to get firewood out and these cold months make it tough without that skidder.
Unplug the solenoid and see if it'll work.correctly. We found a used block and replaced ours.Also replaced hydraulic and trans filters. I believe the main culprit was the 2 wire solenoid momentary loosing internal contact limping the system and the logic applied the parking break.
Thank you for the advise. Unplugging the solenoid will that disable the parking brake system or lock them up. Mine seems to be affected by outside temperature. My filters are new. Thanks again I will give that a try