Hi everyone. I have a 1993 GMC Topkick with a 366 that I am working on. The thing started great, runs great and it started to not start when it warmed up. So cold in the morning it would start great and run great. Once I shut it off it would not start until it cooled down for 30 40 mins. Then it would start and run great. Now it won't start at all. The fuel pump comes on, I replaced the coil, there is power to the coil, new cap, rotor, plugs, wires. When I crank it there is no spark to the plugs and there is no fuel being injected by the TBI. Any direction would be greatly appreciated as I normally Work on medium and heavy duty Diesel Engines.. :Banghead
The computer might open up in the starting settings when warm. Can you check codes on it.
I would look for an ignition module problem
I have been told and it has worked for me 4 times so far replace the distributer. I dont know why but all the guys that work on GM 366/427 say they are death on them. One of the dump trucks i get payed to work on had a problem less than a year ago and it was replaced this month after seating for along time stoped runing after about half a hour runing so i replaced it and now it runs great. They got another dump truck this spring GM 366 it would make it to the quarry fine then back fire all the way home i replaced its distributer and that fixed it. Being cheap i replaced the module on one like jonas302 said could be a problem and it must have been the pickup coil because it didnt fix it. I know you can test the module and pickup but i have tested known bad ones and they tested good.