Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

930g hydraulic problems after replacing pump

Dustindendy1982 · 2019-03-26 17:07

I replaced the hydraulic pump on my loader and now the boom does not work unless you steer it all the way to the left or right and make it go to high pressure. then it only works for a few seconds or until the steering wheel is moved again. I have checked the screen that is in the pilot valve block. I also checked the pilot solenoid. when the hydraulics do work i can hear something like a solenoid click but cannot pinpoint where the click comes from. any help will be greatly appreciated.

Replies10
  1. #1DEMLONE702019-03-27 13:02

    Why did u change the pump ? Serial number would help

  2. #2Dustindendy19822019-03-27 18:47

    Twr00310 Tge reason for replacing the pump was low pump pressure and slow hydraulics

  3. #3heymccall2019-03-28 00:33
  4. #4John C.2019-03-28 10:25

    Sounds like troubleshooting by parts changing.

  5. #5heymccall2019-03-28 10:31

    I posted what I did so they could test the "margin" pressure, and go from there. If they took that apart, they could inspect for binding. I agree that shotgunning the pump into there was ill advised, but, then again, not everyone has experience or knowledge of every machine or failure.

  6. #6John C.2019-03-28 11:26

    heymccall, I'm not finding fault in you. It just aggravates me that people with no background in this business make an uniformed decision and then look for others to bail them out for nothing. In this case there is a safety problem in that a steering system has failed and instead of investing in a service manual the repair person just buys a pump and installs it looking for a fast solution to a problem. Now he will likely get a hundred different possible causes based on what he writes in replies that are his uninformed observations of what he thinks he sees. I think we all enjoy helping people out especially when they come from a similar background to us. However, I'm beginning to think twice about providing information of a general nature for someone who won't bother to have and read an operation and maintenance manual let alone a service manual.

  7. #7BigWrench552019-03-28 11:36

    Instead of chastising the man, why not help him. It takes roughly the same amount of energy to be helpful rather than going into a self righteous rant.

  8. #8TVA2019-03-28 12:07

    Com on guys!!! Don’t start now!!! John absolutely right! And he didn’t start chastising OP, just made true statement! But it is impossible to reach out every equipment owner out there knock on his head saying “ Do the proper diagnostic and testing before starting replacing components!!! Knucklehead!!!»

  9. #9kshansen2019-03-28 16:56

    Sometimes it can be a fine line between "chastising" and suggesting the proper way to trouble shoot a system before replacing parts. And doing it via typed words on a computer or cell phone just adds a bit of room for a misunderstanding. Maybe we need more of those Emojis?

  10. #10TVA2019-03-28 17:01

    About emojis - I think we can use a lot more of them!!!