Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

930k low pilot pressure

deerfielddpw ยท 2023-08-16 08:41

930k, low pilot pressure. checked switch all is good currently having hard time getting to valve body as well as identifying correct coil only code 358-05 (2) ser rhn02608. also any way to bypass and manually activate lift so I can raise arm to access valve without making a mess? thanks.

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2023-08-16 09:03

    358-05 is a "current below normal" (often an open circuit) in the implement pilot solenoid. Attached the generic troubleshooting procedure for all solenoid valves. The pilot solenoid valve (circled) is mounted right on the end of the main control valve.

  2. #2Nige2023-08-16 09:10

    If you want to try something quick then the 384-8750 solenoid coil for the implement pilot valve is the same Part Number as the one on the steering lines solenoid valve - #3 in the illustration below. To remove the coil only requires removal of the large nut on the end of the valve stem and will not result in any oil loss. NOTE: The solenoid valves themselves are different. It is only the coils that are the same.

  3. #3deerfielddpw2023-08-16 09:35

    ok ty I will try that how ever I'm only getting .5v to the coil key on or off all fuses/breakers are good.

  4. #4Nige2023-08-16 10:16

    You haven't got the implement lockout switch in the "Locked" position by any chance.?

  5. #5deerfielddpw2023-08-16 10:19

    No I do not I also verified 24v in and out of switch event completely by passed. crazy thing is i get .5v out of either side to ground and .9 across the 2 wires going to solenoid.

  6. #6Nige2023-08-16 10:43

    Sorry. Had to ask, just in case. Maybe have to start ringing out wires. I'll send you an electrical schematic. Are you testing with the solenoid connected or disconnected.?

  7. #7deerfielddpw2023-08-16 11:47

    Thank you appreciate it. Where exactly is the steering valve? I found manifold but cant find and solenoid's?

  8. #8Nige2023-08-16 12:21

    Appears to be under the cab LH side just back of the articulation hitch by the looks of the parts drawing.