Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

931 B Clutch cylinder (slave cylinder) rod adjustment

051 · 2023-04-19 16:06

Serial number 25Y761 Cat 931B 12/78 What is the spec for adjusting this rod? (If my service manual gives it, I don't see it?) Thanks!

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2023-04-19 16:37

    You're talking about steering clutch control linkage, correct.? That design has been replaced. See attached SEBD1679. Also attached is the procedure for adjusting the old-style linkage.

  2. #20512023-04-19 17:25

    Adjustment procedure is exactly what I needed. Question, in step #4, how do I move the piston out? I have not tired anything yet, just thought I'd ask first. Thanks!

  3. #30512023-04-19 21:35

    The picture I attached to my first post shows the cylinder out probably 1 1/4". Right now it is completely compressed even with the rod removed. The diagram shows a spring that should probably be pushing the cylinder out. I'm thinking I have a problem there.

  4. #4Nige2023-04-22 14:57

    Broken spring #15.? You might have to disassemble to find out.

  5. #50512023-04-25 23:23

    Looks like that's what I'm doing next. Thanks