Just have to put the belly pan and left side track guard on and get it in the dirt. It needs worked to get the tracks loosend up. Also have to find away to move it about 1000 feet to the pond site. I may ask the neighbor if I can come through his pr I property and run on his stone driveway fir for about 125 feet.
I will bet your neighbor will allow if you do some work for him/her.
Just a suggestion OP but if you put all your pics and posts about your 931 in one single thread it will be all together in one place and more members will see and comment on it. We all like continuing threads as it's easier to check on updates and converse.
Maybe Well, I am not all about thread count. I am new to this forum and still don't know all the ins and outs. Seems to me if I just have one thread it will get soòooo long no one will want to muddle through it post after post. Or am I misinterpreting what you are saying?
That's a good idea. I did do some work there already with a mini excavator. I used to own the 17 acres he now has. When he and his father in law put his driveway in they encroached about 20 feet into the end of my pond. Originally we had discussed him putting Gabion baskets in for a retaining wall, which would have been right on the property line. Next thing I know the father in law has tandem dump trucks rolling in and dumping huge pieces of concrete which he is throwing into the pond randomly to get a road in. Of course to get any width the toe of the slope was WAY over on and in my pond. So, I gave him a choice. Pull it ALL back out to the property line or buy that strip of my property that the concrete fill was on. Anyway time went on and I was needing to do some repairs on my pond dam. A friend of mine has a Bobcat excavator and he offered to help with getting started on repairing the pond and starting 3 more ponds. At the time I did not have the 931B that I have now. Looking at that pile of busted up concrete on the end of my pond didn't really make me happy. So, I asked the owner to meet me there and I had a plan that I wanted to pull ALL those concrete pieces out of my pond and and try and build a stacked wall that the lowest pieces would be on his side of the property wall. It was funny, because he said that's totally up to you and I am okay with that. So, we started pulling all these high pieces of concrete out of the pond and stacking them on the opposite side of his driveway. Once they were all out, we started placing them as best we could into a vertical wall,which would step back as we went up in height. I think we spent 3 days getting the wall done and had a single axle dump haul 7 or 8 loads of busted up concrete that we didn't need in the wall. I was happy with the way it turned out and so was the owner. The water level was down during the construction and is still down, but that's a whole other story.
Very nice job of the pond. Adds a lot of value to the property, and not an eye sore. Simon C
Thanks, it turned out well and I was pleased that the property owner liked it as well. It was a win win. Just like everything else, it could have been better, but it's way better than it was.
Long threads keep members involved in your thread IMO. See here - HeavyEquipmentForums Horses of courses.
Agreed. I'm less likely to look through numerous new threads by the same author, on the same machine, than one long one. Also for me personally, the threads I make on a particular machine are an easy place to go back to for reference, part numbers, etc.
A little late to this thread but nice looking 931B. If you have some shallow water you could drive in it will help free up the stiff track links. You could also use some sprocket counterweights.
Hello, Welder Dave. My son had bought a pair of sprocket weights for the 931B off of member Tyler d4c. Got them almost ready to install on the machine. Cleaning and painting them up. I also bought 3 rear counterweights off of Tyler d4c a few weeks later. Still have to get them cleaned up and painted. Plus, the backhoe brackets and studs removed, replace 4 studs to mount the counterweights on. Sort of jumped the gun on getting it moved over to the pond area last week. As far as the stiff tracks, I sprayed some used motor oil on them. Did help some, but have only ran it a couple of hours so far. Weather has been pretty wet lately. Good idea on some thin wedges.
Strangely enough driving in some water works the absolute best to free up stiff tracks. Pouring oil on them just makes a mess and doesn't soak into the bushings. All the counterweights will make your loader much more stable with heavy bucket fulls. They will also give better traction to make it more productive. Only downside is it will sink easier in soft ground.