I am looking to buy a dozer i have found a 94 d5c lgp closed cab in relay good shape it has 6000 hours on it i work for a cat dealership and never see any of these dozers come in to be worked on it is pedal steer.Has any body had one of these dozers could tell me if they are worth buying i can get it for $24000 [URL=http://img194.imageshack.us/i/equipmentpictures200.jpg/] [/URL]
D5c Yes I have a 92 D5C LGP good tractor use it in wet areas and the mountains the only thing I have done twice is u-joints on back of transmission running the pto for the winch it runs all the time and wears the joints not haed to fix parst around 280.00. I just wish they had grease fittings on the c-frame lift cyl. good choice machine looks sharp good luck.
if it's smaller than a 6 it needs to be a hydro machine IMO. Price seems a little high. I can get my hands on 2 D3G's for less than $15k. one of the brokers I have bought alot of stuff from called me last week about a '02 D5G with ripper, C/H/A and hydro with a 70% bottom for $16,500. I had a D5C series III hystat a few years ago and put less than 100hrs per year on it, I just dont have a lot of work for a smaller machine, but I did like it really well and it never gave any problems if that helps you any. I will agree tho that is a slick lil machine in the pic'. how's the U/C? looks a little shy on toes. Pj
Welcome to the forum Matthew caudill. :usa I see your in Hazard Kentucky, is an LGP necessary for you? From what I remember of the Hazard area is steep hills, soil, rock, shale, and coal. Not really the area that normally requires an LGP machine and the additional stress the wide pads put on the track chain in such rough terrain. Just a thought.
good point, I forgot to mention it. Pj
LoL, it's only because I've been there PJ. The hills in Southeast KY and West Virginia are so steep, if your working on the north side of a hill in the winter, you never see the sun...you only know it's daylight.