I'm working on a Ford f700 dump truck. The truck starts and runs when it's warm out most of the time, now that is gotten cold it will not start. It is definitely a fuel problem if you click the key on and if a brunch of times you can get the fuel pump to kick on otherwise it will not. I can't figure out how to open up the steering column to Grey at the ignition wires to see if something is loose or gummed up. Is there something else I should be looking for?
Gas engine?
Yup gas engine.
Take apart the connector that the distributor and wire harness connect together at. Clean the connections and add some dielectric grease. Also if the ignition module is in the tray beneath the wiper mechanism, remove it and do the same thing at the connector. An older Ford truck tech told me (I found out the hard way) was the fuel pump control needs to see an input from the ignition module that the engine is turning in order to turn on the fuel pump. This was on a 1995 model but maybe yours is the same.
We changed the ignition module this summer thinking that was the problem I'll clean up the other connector and see what that does.