i am looking at a 94 topkick with the cat 3116 engine and 5speed with 2 speed rear end. looking for opinions. i have heard good things in the past about the engine. power not being one of the strong points. i figure it can't be worse than the same trucks with the 366 gasser for power. thanks in advance,
We have a 97 GMC 7500 with the 3116 @ 250. It has been an excellent truck for us (knock on wood) I am a big fan of Cat motors, we haul 8 ton on this truck and it goes along OK, I wish it had a little more power but I am very happy with it just the same. Do you have to have a contractors liscence in TN, I like the Smokey Mtn area and wouldnt mind living there, whats it like to be in business there?
thanks for the reply, in tennessee there is a license for being a contractor. there are many other licenses that can be had as well. excaving, septic tank installation and so forth. as far as working here the scale isn't the highest in the country but the cost of living isn't either. it would take quite a bit for me to move. i live in the smokies.:thumbsup good luck, metin
How do you go about getting the lisences, do you get inspected a lot? Are there a lot of DOT Checkpoints?