I have a 941b cat that runs well and has been working good until today. It stopped going backwards and forwards. Can't see any reaction when put into forward or reverse in any gear. Has lots of oil was working fine. Does anyone have any thoughts why it won't move?
Check the drive biscuits between the engine and trans. Later Bob
Thank you Bob. Where in ON are you?
Hwy 11 North of Toronto. Later Bob
So I just went out and tried the 941b again and it worked great. I don't know if letting it cool down or if it had an air lock or just what, but it works. This makes me wonder if the right oil is in the transmission or if I was on too much of a grade made this machine stop for a bit. The guy I bought it from says he has been using Hytrans in both the rears and the transmission. Should I be changing the oil and if so to what? Thanx Jeff
Coupling must be okay, maybe the pump is not picking up oil too good. look for foam in the oil. Later Bob
I would check the gear selector control to make sure it selects neutral (out of speed selection) correctly with a firm detent felt from N through 1.2.3. if this setting is found good hook a pressure gauge into the top of the filter lid via the air purge plug, a 600 psi clock will be fine. tctractors
Adding to what Tony posted above, watch the pressure on the gauge as you shift the transmission from neutral through the different gears, both forward and reverse. Do this at max engine RPM with your foot on the brake. Watch how the pressure drops and recovers and see if it's any different time-wise in different gears. That might point to a transmission clutch problem. As an aside, what type & viscosity of oil are you using in the transmission..?