Hi am new to this site but hope someone can help me out the injection pumps are stuck in the up position as seen in the picture what do I need to do you free them up and can I take them out to free them or do I need a special tool to do that? thanks.
U have to have the special tool to unscrew the bonnet{nut} on top.. U also need a new oring & torque wrench to put it back together..
The tool should be the 8S2243 price at my dealer si about $57.00 Attached are directions on remove and install: Also Parts breakdown, 90% sure it is right but would need full S/N to be 100%:
Update, seems that parts break down left out the seal ring that should be under items #1 and #2. That would be part number 4N0223.
Found tool on ebay for less than 10.00.. 1 place has it for 7.00 !!! I had no idea they were THAT cheap..
Thanks for the help guys but I kept spraying the plungers with pb spray and they freed up so I don't have to take them out.
I had to check as those prices sounded too low, and yes there are several available in the under $20.00 range and a few under $10. Most of those are aftermarket so may or may not be as well made as genuine Kitty Cat part, but for someone who is only going to be using it for a one time deal on a four cylinder engine probably good enough! At those prices I would be tempted to buy one even if I did not have a need for it right now if I was planning on keeping the machine for a few years. Better to have a tool and not need it than find out you need it some Saturday afternoon with a snow storm on the way!
No doubt about that,, I found that if u find "tools" that low, normally they aren't heat treated & end up stripping.. They're usually good for a time or 2..