Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

941b transmission problems

coop ยท 2011-12-30 08:12

Need some help. Got a 941B that is not catching 1st gear forward or reverse. Yes, it's a powershift. It will get second if you go from neutral straight to second, but not first. Any thoughts??? Machine has been sitting a few years and I have not changes fluid/filters yet. Trying to avoid spending money on it until I know it's going to shift good. Grandad knew what was wrong with it when he parked it but can't remember now. Hate to sell it as is, I need to do some clean up around the farm and this would be perfect. Thanks for any help........... sooper cooper

Replies4
  1. #1WhyWhyZed2012-01-07 13:58

    could be a leaking 1st speed clutch (piston seals) unfortunately

  2. #2Highdrive2012-02-07 08:08

    941 trans Take cover off top of trans valve body under floor boards. You will find many o-rings that sit in pressurized oil ports. Check if any of the o-rings are missing, they become hard from heat and break up. If you take the filters out and examine, you may find pieces in there. Don't start engine while cover is off, oil will blow out of ports. I made a plexi-glass cover to fit over ports with holes drilled around cover to bolt it in place like the real cover. Then I drilled holes where the pressure test ports are to allow a pressure guage flexable line to fit through plexi. If you can a service book for allowable pressure readings you can determine if pressures are correct. I have a 951 and have done this, the machine didn't want to move either. I found a few of the o-rings missing, runs fine now. good luck Nick

  3. #3wosama931b2012-03-03 16:40

    Hello Highdrive, Thats a great idea about the plexi glass, I made a dash board out of it. wosama931b.

  4. #4Highdrive2012-03-04 08:30

    It's more likely that the shift linkage is worn. Try taking the screws out of the cover where the shift handle is. You will have to first unscrew the throttle and shift knob. Then the forward and reverse lever won't be restricted by the cut out for the gear selection. If it's just a linkage problem, the extra throw you will now have might engage the gears you couldn't get before.